· C/ C++
· Visual Basic
· MS Access
· Debian GNU/Linux
· Ubuntu Linux
· Red Hat Linux
· Microsoft Windows
· Network design
· Network installation
· Patch management
· SOE building
· Backup management
· Team work
· Highly developed communication skills
· Time management/working effectively under pressure
· Project Management
· Agile methodology
· Software Development Life Cycle awareness
· Code review (quality assurance)
Nov 2016 Build Bench Quality Assurance Lead
To current DXC – Contracted to Defence
· I ensure that random sampling of completed endpoints is undertaken on a ratio of 2-5% to ensure that the quality of the shipped units is maintained at a high level.
· Using Excel, I created a report for the quantity of endpoints built daily. This report collates the quantities of successful and failed builds, and the average time taken to for the builds to complete.
· I liaise with regional Project Managers to ensure that the required quantities of endpoints are available to be deployed on schedule.
April 2013 Systems Administrator
To Sept 2016 Mediaware International
· Using Puppet and Ansible I created an SOE for the Ubuntu server and desktop machines. This includes integration into the Windows AD environment using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as the base OS.
· I implemented a PXE boot service which enables both Linux and Windows operating system installations to be semi-automated. This has increased the turnaround of new systems for both end users and the infrastructure group
· To ensure security policies were enforced, I upgraded the core infrastructure Linux systems to Ubuntu LTS and ensured that all web applications were using secure protocols.
May 2011 Customer Support Engineer
To April 2013 General Dynamics Mediaware
· Using python I developed an automated process to gather and summarise logging information from multiple servers at a customer’s site (via VPN). This required ensuring that the VPN was brought up, the required data downloaded and then the VPN closed down, followed by the data being parsed to ensure any issues for the customer would be available for the developers to peruse. As the customer had > 40 systems to be monitored, the automation was required.
June 2005 Systems Development Engineer/Systems
Support Officer – Public Servant (APS6)
To Jan 2011 Geoscience Australia (GA) – Geospatial and Earth Monitoring Division
· Using Prince2 methodologies I developed a scope and project plan to transition raw data to a viewable level. Due to the expiration of the MoU between GA and the satellite data provider, the raw data would no longer be legally usable after January 31 2011, and all data needed to be processed before this time. The project required some 300,000 scenes to be processed in a 7 month period. The plan was signed off by the Executive for implementation.
· To increase workflow speed and visibility, I designed, developed and tested a new job management application using Python. By introducing a new user interface, staff were able to submit bulk requests for satellite scenes to be processed by the underlying core processing programs. Staff were very pleased that they could view the current status of their ordered scenes during the various stages of the production process.
· I managed the development and integration of a new version of the Archive Data Server system, which is the primary data storage facility for Remote Sensing data for GA. I re-engineered the system to provide enhanced visibility for processes and facilitate improved reliability and speed of data transfers. I managed the migration of the project outputs in a staged and consistent manner, ensuring the validity of the archived data and metadata.
· As a result of my experience with large Remote Sensing data sets and robotic tape library management, I was requested to join a tender evaluation team as a technical subject matter expert with the aim of procuring a new data curation solution. After reviewing the high level data requirements for the Petroleum and Marine Division (PMD), I recommended aligning their seismic data archive with the Remote Sensing data archive. By uniting the two major data archives, our team enabled the agency to implement a cost effective and centrally managed solution for curation of 2PB of data for which the organisation is custodian.
Sept 2003 Data
To June 2005 ACRES - Geoscience Australia (BAE Systems contract)
Jan 2002 IT
To Feb 2005 AMAA Financial (Self Employed, part time)
Dec 2000 Network
To April 2002 Namadgi Systems Pty Ltd
Feb 2000 Data
Processing Officer (Contract)
To Dec 2000 Commonwealth Dept of Family and Community Services
Aug 1999 Computer
To Nov 1999 Canberra Mailing Pty Ltd
July 1994 Computer
To August 1999 The Mailing House Pty Ltd
2003 Diploma of
Information Technology (Software Development)
Spherion Education, Canberra ACT
(Majoring in C) Graduated as a High Achiever
Seven Hills High School, Seven Hills NSW
Thomas Covenant Chronicles
Crime solving TV shows